The transition to spring is often an amazing timeline. The climatic conditions change; there’s more light compared to winter, and it’s warmer. This rejuvenation process, usually what spring is known for, brings about a different atmosphere and productivity level in office spaces. As a sign of celebrating the new beginnings, companies opt to appreciate their employees in many ways.
Some would introduce several décor changes to boost the mood, such as office plants. For others, considering a more personal approach is their go-to solution. This might include various corporate gift ideas, from tokens to spring treats. Spring treats are edibles that employees can quickly grab a bite of as they tend to their duties.
Benefits of Spring Treats to Employees
Spring treats are an integral part of the productivity of employees in an office place.
Some of the benefits of spring treats to employees include;
- Employees have more energy – Having a snack or two during the day gives your employees more energy which will increase their productivity.
- Employees are happy – The feeling of being appreciated and offered something, in addition, makes employees happy.
- Employees are healthier – Multiple treatment options have multiple health benefits to the employees.
- Employees are collaborative – When employees gather around the treats spot, coffee machine, or water cooler, they share ideas and get to talk about internal issues that might improve their output.
General Rules for Spring Office Treats
While there are tons of benefits for employees to enjoy from the best spring treats, there are general guidelines to follow. Some of these rules include;
- Consider the safety of items – You should ensure that all the treats you introduce to employees are safe for consumption. These should be genuine or halal, to ensure the ingredients pose no danger to the general health of employees.
- Provide something fun – Consider creative ways of presenting the treats; be it engraved logos or customized shapes to provide fun-to-eat alternatives.
- Consider reasonable potions – You should not give large options of office treats to avoid having your employees full and inefficient in the workspace. Instead, opt for decent portion sizes to do the job, but still keep them alert.
- Consider preferences – Employees have different tastes and preferences and it's important to consider meeting everyone's needs to achieve the end goal. You'll have a good work environment when everyone gets their share of fun.
- Check out for allergies – Some individuals might be gluten-free or lactose intolerant and such considerations should be considered to get the right treats that fit into everyone's health profile.
The Best Spring Treats for Employees
With a bit of warmth in the atmosphere, employees might consider something to couple up with their regular cup of coffee to keep them going. However, a quick bite on your way to print some documents or deliver a presentation will also go a long way.
Some of the best spring treats for employees in your office space include;
- Chocolates – Chocolates are arguably the most common and sort-after spring office treats. They come in multiple flavors from dark, white, sweet, semi-sweet, bitter-sweet, fruit, and milk chocolates. You can buy them in bars or pieces and present reasonable options for your employees to enjoy.
- Cakes – Cakes are the competitors of chocolates for the most preferred or ordered-for spring treat solution. Everyone loves cakes. Similar to chocolates, cakes are of multiple flavors and types. For equal share, you should consider opting for sizable cake pieces or cupcakes. For flavor purposes, consider a blend of multiple alternatives or do typical flavors to be safe.
- Macarons – Macarons are the black sheep in the cake family. Although considered to be cakes, they are more like cookies. These flavorful treats have the perfect size for serving multiple employees and they are delicious as well.
- Brownies – Brownies are often associated with special family gatherings. They are more of a home version of cake and they are a favorite to many people. Brownies are sweet, flavorful, and rich in nutrients. They are the perfect blend of cake and chocolate.
- Truffles – Truffles are considered part of the candy family. They are rich in flavor and are made of either dark or white chocolate. They are small ball-shaped treats with a center of ingredients.
- Dried fruits – Dried fruits are a healthier alternative to spring office treats. They are rich in nutrients and have multiple benefits altogether. They are rich in fiber and they are also sweet. The most common dried fruits opted for in corporate spaces are dates and raisings.
- Crackers – Crackers are in the biscuit family. They are flat and dry baked making them a crunchy snack. They also have seasoning or flavors included in the dough before baking or sprinkled on top for a better taste.
- Nuts – Nuts are also considered a healthy approach to office snacking. There are multiple nuts to opt for and they all come with various flavors, tastes, and sizes. The most common nuts to be included in office spaces are cashews, almonds, and peanuts.
- Cooked coffee/tea accompaniments – If you prefer a different approach to office treats, you can consider cooked options. Unlike typical treats that can be served around, these have to be stationed in the office kitchen. They are more filling and personalized making them arguably the best employee’s choice. Some of the best alternatives include samosas, kababs, hard-boiled eggs, and spread bread.
While all these spring treats are great alternatives, not all employees will be comfortable with the options. To satisfy all parties, you have two options. Serve a one-fit-all alternative that will draw zero concerns. on the other hand, you can opt to serve various alternatives meeting individual needs. The latter might be expensive, but with the benefits it’ll draw, it’s a cost you can afford.
Spring is an amazing season that introduces the essence of new beginnings. This is a good time to improve the productivity of your employees after a harsh and dull winter. You can effectively achieve this goal by introducing timely treats that have multiple benefits. Not only does their consumption increase the energy levels of employees, but you also get to save the time employees use to rush for a quick snack to the nearest food store.
You can screen through the collection of various spring treats on BloomingBox to help you in decision-making.